IK Multimedia has been the true pioneers of iPhone/iPad guitar interfaces with iRig, the first really usable interface (albeit all analog) and later iRig HD. They have just announced a new interface in the new generation digital interfaces: the iRig PRO.
It’s pretty much an iRig HD but with a combined instrument/XLR input, 48V phantom power for microphones, a hardware gain control and MIDI in/out! It’s a standard iOS device, so it will work with any app that accepts audio through the lightning or docking port (like Amplitube, AmpKit, JamUp or GarageBand). Just like the iRig HD it comes with a cord with lightning connector and a usb cord so you can connect it to both modern iOS devices and Mac computers.
The iRig PRO will be available from September, at a listing price of $149.
Here are the details, copied straight from IK Multimedias site:
- Balanced input for a mic-, line-level, or Hi-Z source, via XLR/1/4″ combo jack connector
- Preamp gain control
- High-quality mic and instrument preamp, low noise, high definition
- High-quality A/D conversion
- MIDI IN, compatible with iRig MIDI cables
- +48V phantom power provided by included 9V battery
- Sturdy, durable construction
- Powered by mobile device or USB when plugged into Mac
- 30-pin, Lightning, USB, and MIDI cables included
- Comes with complete suite of music-making software and apps:
For Mac: AmpliTube Metal, T-RackS CS Classic mastering suite, SampleTank XT sound workstation
For iOS: AmpliTube FREE for iOS (including Metal W amp, Metal 150 amp, Wharmonator stomp, X-Flanger stomp after registration); SampleTank FREE, a sonic workstation with 48 additional exclusive sounds (after registration); iGrand Piano FREE (includes Grand Piano 1 with Upright Piano 1 and Rock Grand 1 available after registering the app and hardware, respectively). And with the FREE iGrand Piano app, registering your iRig PRO instantly removes the 4-octave range limitation giving you access to all 88-notes of the instrument as in the full version.